Technologies for working remotely
Canvas is 快播成人's official learning management system (LMS). Using it gives 快播成人s a uniform method of navigating their courses. For 快播成人s just gaining tech literacy, it can be daunting to have courses in various platforms. Rather than learning to use another LMS (Google Classroom, for example), 快播成人s can focus on mastering course content. Review Passport to Canvas for lots of tutorials and tips. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Web & Voice Conferencing
For synchronous/real-time class meetings, 快播成人 uses Zoom. Follow Zoom security guidelines (require a passcode, use a waiting room and admit authenticated users only, etc.). Zoom requires you to keep your client application , so you need to check periodically for updates.
快播成人 Zoom requires you to sign in with your 快播成人 Account using SSO. To activate your Zoom license, go to and sign in with your 快播成人 Account.
- In the Zoom application on your device, select the Sign In option and look for Sign in with SSO.
- Enter hcc-edu for Company Domain
- Use your 快播成人 Account username and password
Click for more on How to Join a Zoom Meeting.
For tutorials, training videos, presentations and more.
- (record your camera, microphone, and desktop simultaneously, then share your video on the Loom platform. And it's .)
- (capture any area of your computer screen, add narration and video)
Note: We are currently working on documentation for the document camera lecture capture option and meeting rooms. No ETA is available at this time
Accessing 快播成人 servers
For staff who require remote access to 快播成人 servers, IT uses two methods. Read about .
- : Includes a chat-based workspace for real-time collaboration. Simply log in with your 快播成人 email address and password.
快播成人 uses Google Workspace. Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides are very similar to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and can be easily accessed online and shared with others. Google Drive provides file storage that can be private or shared, and files can also be accessed wherever you have an internet connection.
- Check out tutorials
- There is also lots of information and support at the
Forwarding calls and checking messages
- Voicemail: Be sure to set your outgoing message and check voicemail regularly by calling 413.552.2600 and entering your extension and password.
- Call Forwarding: We are working on a more permanent solution for accessing office phones number from off-campus, but for now we recommend using Zoom to have "drop in" sessions. Zoom has a waiting room feature that allows the meeting host to admit attendees from-and place attendees in-the waiting room, in order to have private conversations.
Ongoing training and education
The Center for Excellence is offering numerous trainings and other resources for faculty and staff. Visit the CFE webpage for a complete calendar of daily sessions. Also, explore these for shifting to remote learning.